A module for teachers redesigning a traditional lecture into a Universal Design for Learning model for Online Learning and Accessible to students with disabilities. This is a San Francisco State University Accessible Instructional Multimedia Tool (AIM) emphasizing Universal Design for Learning (UDL) and accessibility for all students.
Created by Jo Tomalin, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Theatre Arts
San Francisco State University
The module is an Accessible Instructional Media (AIM) resource developed for the CSU EnAct project funded by the U.S. Department of Education:
Ensuring Access through Collaboration and Technology.
Hello, I’m Jo Tomalin, associate professor in the theatre arts department at San Francisco State University. Welcome to my module called “Classroom Lecture Redesign for Online Delivery and Accessibility.” I created this web-based module for faculty who are interested in developing an online segment of a lecture-based course.
Since 1998 I have developed and taught three fully online courses at San Francisco State University. I have discovered that students enjoy the flexibility and different types of learning activities possible in an online course. However, there are some important topics to know about before changing existing lecture content to an online course format – such as the course design, page layout, Universal Design for Learning strategies and accessibility to meet ADA standards.
I know that teachers are busy – and so I designed this module to provide the main points and succinct information about these topics. My goal is to entice teachers to begin by creating an online component or activity to complement an existing lecture based course – so that they may think about developing a hybrid or fully online course in the future. Thank you.
Search digitaltext site
- Tesla Brings Unmanned Aerial Systems Training to East Los Angeles CollegeELAC has announced that the Tesla Foundation, the charitable arm of Tesla, is introducing a first-of-its-kind program that will train participating students for future careers in unmanned aerial systems (UAS).
- Tesla Brings Unmanned Aerial Systems Training to East Los Angeles College
- Six Tools for Collaborative Brainstorming - A Comparison Chart January 24, 2017Sitting down to map out your thoughts can be a great way to get yourself organized before embarking on a big writing project. It's also something that I do before I begin creating slides for any of my keynote presentations. While it is great to start the mind mapping process on your own, it is helpful to get some feedback and input from trusted colleagu […]firstname.lastname@example.org (Richard Byrne)
- Six Tools for Collaborative Brainstorming - A Comparison Chart January 24, 2017
- 21st Century eLearning-Universal Design-Web 2.0-AT- Apps
- Assistive Technology
- AT/Web 2.0 Tutorials
- Faculty Resources
- A Module for Redesigning Online Delivery and Accessibility: Jo Tomalin, Ph.D.
- Blended Learning
- Free Online Foreign Language Lessons
- Free Sound Files
- Free Video/Audio Editing, Creating Tools
- How to Teach Without a Textbook/ Create Online Textbook Resources
- International Intercultural Collaborative Learning
- Technology podcasts
- Finding Free E Text
- Free Audio Books
- Free Online Courses
- Mobile Devices/Apps
- Open Education Resources (OER)
- Subject Resources
- Universal Design
- Web 2.0 Tools
- Audio, Video
- Apps for Education
- Free Images
- Mindmapping/Graphic Organizers
- Presentation Tools Free (beyond PowerPoint)
- Study Skills Tools
- Text to Speech Options
- Writing/Spelling Help