A module for teachers redesigning a traditional lecture into a Universal Design for Learning model for Online Learning and Accessible to students with disabilities. This is a San Francisco State University Accessible Instructional Multimedia Tool (AIM) emphasizing Universal Design for Learning (UDL) and accessibility for all students.
Created by Jo Tomalin, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Theatre Arts
San Francisco State University
The module is an Accessible Instructional Media (AIM) resource developed for the CSU EnAct project funded by the U.S. Department of Education:
Ensuring Access through Collaboration and Technology.
Hello, I’m Jo Tomalin, associate professor in the theatre arts department at San Francisco State University. Welcome to my module called “Classroom Lecture Redesign for Online Delivery and Accessibility.” I created this web-based module for faculty who are interested in developing an online segment of a lecture-based course.
Since 1998 I have developed and taught three fully online courses at San Francisco State University. I have discovered that students enjoy the flexibility and different types of learning activities possible in an online course. However, there are some important topics to know about before changing existing lecture content to an online course format – such as the course design, page layout, Universal Design for Learning strategies and accessibility to meet ADA standards.
I know that teachers are busy – and so I designed this module to provide the main points and succinct information about these topics. My goal is to entice teachers to begin by creating an online component or activity to complement an existing lecture based course – so that they may think about developing a hybrid or fully online course in the future. Thank you.
Search digitaltext site
- UC Irvine Races to Be First College to Launch a Rocket to SpaceThe university received a $1 million gift from its partner Base11, a nonprofit STEM workforce development and entrepreneur accelerator, to fund its Moonshot Initiative to launch a liquid-fueled rocket into space.
- UC Irvine Races to Be First College to Launch a Rocket to Space
- I Love a Good Keynote...But I'll Take the Workshop April 26, 2017I love to listen to a good keynote presentation. Dan Meyer's Math Class Needs a Makeover is still one of the best I've seen in terms of challenging status quo in education. Angela Maiers and Vicki Davis speak with passion that is infectious and unsurpassed. And when I am given the opportunity, I enjoy giving the keynote at a conference. That said, […]email@example.com (Richard Byrne)
- I Love a Good Keynote...But I'll Take the Workshop April 26, 2017
- 21st Century eLearning-Universal Design-Web 2.0-AT- Apps
- Assistive Technology
- AT/Web 2.0 Tutorials
- Faculty Resources
- A Module for Redesigning Online Delivery and Accessibility: Jo Tomalin, Ph.D.
- Blended Learning
- Free Online Foreign Language Lessons
- Free Sound Files
- Free Video/Audio Editing, Creating Tools
- How to Teach Without a Textbook/ Create Online Textbook Resources
- International Intercultural Collaborative Learning
- Technology podcasts
- Finding Free E Text
- Free Audio Books
- Free Online Courses
- Mobile Devices/Apps
- Open Education Resources (OER)
- Subject Resources
- Universal Design
- Web 2.0 Tools
- Audio, Video
- Apps for Education
- Free Images
- Mindmapping/Graphic Organizers
- Presentation Tools Free (beyond PowerPoint)
- Study Skills Tools
- Text to Speech Options
- Writing/Spelling Help