Audio Books to Download
Foreign Language Books
Thousands of e-books, poems, articles, short stories, study guides and plays all of which are free.
Digital Book Index An incredible meta-index of digital books providing links to more than 165,000 full-text digital books from more than 1800 commercial and non-commercial publishers, universities, and various private sites. More than 140,000 of these books, texts, and documents are available free.
New: We now provide support for: iPad, Kindle, & Nook New: We have added the entire online catalog of Wiley Interscience
Internet Archive eBooks and Texts
The Internet Archive offers over 15,000,000 freely downloadable books and texts. There is also a collection of 550,000 modern eBooks that may be borrowed by anyone with a free archive.org account.
Project Gutenberg Project Gutenberg is the place where you can download over 30,000 free ebooks to read on your PC, iPhone, Kindle, Sony Reader or other portable device.
- A: General Works (Overview)
- B: Philosophy, Psychology, and Religion (Overview)
- C: History: Auxiliary sciences (Overview)
- D: History: General, and Regions Outside the Americas (Overview)
- E: History: United States (General) (Overview)
- F: History: United States (Regional), and the Americas (Overview)
- G: Geography, Anthropology, Folklore, Recreation (Overview)
- H: Social Sciences (Overview)
- J: Political Science (Overview)
- K: Law (Overview)
- L: Education (Overview)
- M: Music (Overview)
- N: Fine Arts (Overview)
- P: Language and literature (Overview)
- Q: Science (Overview)
- R: Medicine (Overview)
- S: Agriculture (Overview)
- T: Technology (Overview)
- U: Military Science (Overview)
- V: Naval Science (Overview)
- Z: Bibliography and Library Science (Overview)
Listen up VT- If you have an active library card from a public library in VT, call your library and request their password and then set up an account. I would guess that most states have similar program; so if you live outside of VT, call your local library and inquire.
Top of Page
A collection of about 14,000 “classic” public domain documents from American and English literature as well as Western philosophy.
AMSER is a portal of educational resources and services built specifically for
use by those in Community and Technical Colleges but free for anyone to
AMSER is funded by the National Science Foundation as part of the National
Science Digital Library, and is being created by a team of project partners led by
Rare and acclaimed “Doctor Who novels available to read for free! All feature brand new artwork and extensive notes by the original authors.”
“A huge non-profit home to amateur Fantasy/Sci-Fi literature and art, plus some How-to guides.”