Free Mindmapping Tools:
Visual Understanding Environment (VUE) from Tufts
What is VUE?
At its core, the Visual Understanding Environment (VUE) is a concept and content mapping application, developed to support teaching, learning and research and for anyone who needs to organize, contextualize, and access digital information. Using a simple set of tools and a basic visual grammar consisting of nodes and links, faculty and students can map relationships between concepts, ideas and digital content.
Screencast from VUE
Unlike other free mind mapping tools, Exploratree allows you to print, save and collaborate your maps.
With Exploratree you can:
- Use our ready-made thinking guides
- Make a new thinking guide from scratch
- Use it to set class projects
- Print them out (they can go as big as A0)
- Change and customise thinking guides, you can add or change text, shapes, images etc.
- As a teacher, you can set up the sequence that you want the thinking guide to be revealed in, so that you can stage the thinking activity
- You can fill in a thinking guide and complete your project on the website
- You can present your project
- You can send your thinking guide to a whole group of people
- You can submit a thinking guide for comments, so it can’t be edited but just reviewed
- Work in groups on the same thinking guide