There are two ways to access the patch:
1. Open Kurzweil->Online->Update feature within the Kurzweil 3000 program
2. Go to “Patches and Update” area of the Kurzweil website and download the correct patch.
From Kurzweil’s Site
Kurzweil 3000 for Windows Patch 12.02
March 22, 2011
The second patch for Kurzweil 3000 for Windows Version 12 is now available. You may either download the executable file (http://download.kurzweiledu.com/downloads/110318_k3000_patch12.02.zip), or use Online>Update feature of the software. You will need to exit Kurzweil 3000 and have administrative privileges on the computer receiving the update. This patch is cumulative; you do not need to install 12.01, but you do need Version 12.0 installed.
Major fixes included in Patch 12.02:
* Text Notes not printing – All Editions
* Erratic cursor behavior in Brainstorm documents – All Editions
* Read the Web remaining active even after closing Kurzweil 3000 – All Editions
* License time-out after 60 minutes of activity – Web License Edition
We understand that two issues have arisen since this patch was certified for release: 1) The Online Search for Books at the Gutenberg site is not working, and 2) Firefox 4 was released and Read the Web is not working with this version. Our Engineering team is currently investigating these items for a forthcoming Version 12.03 patch. In the meantime, those using Read the Web with Firefox can roll back to a prior version by visiting Mozilla at this link: http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/all-older.html