Today is the first page in a new chapter of our mission to improve access to the cultural and educational treasures we know as books. Google eBooks will be available in the U.S. from a new Google eBookstore. You can browse and search through the largest ebooks collection in the world with more than three million titles including hundreds of thousands for sale. Find the latest bestsellers like James Patterson’s Cross Fire and Jonathan Franzen’s Freedom, dig into popular reads like Laura Hillenbrand’s Unbroken and catch up on the classics like Great Expectations, A Tale of Two Cities and Gulliver’s Travels.
We designed Google eBooks to be open. Many devices are compatible with Google eBooks—everything from laptops to netbooks to tablets to smartphones to e-readers. With the new Google eBooks Web Reader, you can buy, store and read Google eBooks in the cloud. That means you can access your ebooks like you would messages in Gmail or photos in Picasa—using a free, password-protected Google account with unlimited ebooks storage.
In addition to a full-featured web reader, free apps for Android and Apple devices will make it possible to shop and read on the go. For many books you can select which font, font size, day/night reading mode and line spacing suits you—and pick up on the page where you left off when switching devices.
You can discover and buy new ebooks from the Google eBookstore or get them from one of our independent bookseller partners: Powell’s, Alibris and participating members of the American Booksellers Association. You can choose where to buy your ebooks like you choose where to buy your print books, and keep them all on the same bookshelf regardless of where you got them.
Search digitaltext site
- AI Hive Mind Chooses Clean Water Over Education as Top World PriorityUniversal access to clean water should be the world's highest priority, according to a recent pronouncement by a "swarm artificial intelligence" system that connected 70 people in real time via AI algorithms designed to turn them into a "hive mind." Participants in the swarm were attendees of the South by Southwest conference this mo […]
- AI Hive Mind Chooses Clean Water Over Education as Top World Priority
- Notion - A Project Management and Reference Wiki March 21, 2018Notion is an interesting service that combines elements of project management with elements of a wiki service. At its core Notion is designed for teams to work on projects together. You can create sections for each of your projects. Within each section you can create a list of tasks. Notion also lets you add sections that include links, videos, images, and d […]email@example.com (Richard Byrne)
- Notion - A Project Management and Reference Wiki March 21, 2018
- 21st Century eLearning-Universal Design-Web 2.0-AT- Apps
- Assistive Technology
- AT/Web 2.0 Tutorials
- Faculty Resources
- A Module for Redesigning Online Delivery and Accessibility: Jo Tomalin, Ph.D.
- Blended Learning
- Free Online Foreign Language Lessons
- Free Sound Files
- Free Video/Audio Editing, Creating Tools
- How to Teach Without a Textbook/ Create Online Textbook Resources
- International Intercultural Collaborative Learning
- Technology podcasts
- Finding Free E Text
- Free Audio Books
- Free Online Courses
- Mobile Devices/Apps
- Open Education Resources (OER)
- Subject Resources
- Universal Design
- Web 2.0 Tools
- Audio, Video
- Apps for Education
- Free Images
- Mindmapping/Graphic Organizers
- Presentation Tools Free (beyond PowerPoint)
- Study Skills Tools
- Text to Speech Options
- Writing/Spelling Help